Now, about the midst of the feast, Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
15. And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
16. Jesus answered them, and said,
19. Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?
20. The people answered, and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?
21. Jesus answered, and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.
22. Moses, therefore, gave unto you circumcision, (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers,) and ye on the sabbath-day circumcise a man.
23. If a man on the sabbath-day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath-day?
24. Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgement.
25. Then said some of them of Jerusalem, Is not this he whom they seek to kill?
26. But, lo, he speaketh boldly, and they say nothing unto him; Do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ?
32. The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees, and the chief priest sent officers to take him.
43. So there was a division among the people because of him.
44. And some of them would have taken him: but no man laid hands on him.
45. Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him?
46. The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.
47. Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived?
48. Have any of the rulers, or of the Pharisees, believed on him?
49. But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.
50. Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,)
51. Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
52. They answered, and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.
53. And every man went unto his own house.